Parts 2 and 3 of the Heartsaver CPR First aid ONLINE Course $61.00
After completing part 1 of the online course, students MUST schedule a time to complete the hands-on skills practice session (part 2) & the required skills testing Session (part 3) at Critical Actions Safety Center with one of our authorized AHA instructors.
- Practice listing the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- describe the key steps in first aid
- describe the assessment of and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Practice and test on the use an epinephrine pen
- Practice and test on controling bleeding
- recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).