Heartsaver CPR And First aid DVD Set
Includes the required video segments for the classroom-based and blended-learning options of the Heartsaver® First Aid, Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED, and Heartsaver® CPR AED courses. Running times: Disc one (CPR AED): 106 min.; disc two (first aid): 119 min. Subtitled. Based on the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid.
The Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver CPR AED, and Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED courses are designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are designed to be flexible and customizable with optional modules, and are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver First Aid course or the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course, students should be able to:
- list the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- describe the key steps in first aid
- describe the assessment of and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- use an epinephrine pen
- control bleeding
- recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver CPR AED course or the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course, students should be able to:
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).
Upon successful completion of each course, including relevant skills testing, students receive a course completion card that is valid for two years.