eBook Edition: Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Manual
NOTE: This eBook is not eligible for the standard 30-day return policy.
The eBook version of the Instructor manual for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course. Provides lesson maps and information for teaching the classroom-based and blended-learning options for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course on an initial or a renewal basis, including 40 lesson plans for the classroom-based format and 40 lesson plans for the blended-learning format, plus electronic access to supplementary information and tools. Each Instructor must have his or her own eBook. Based on the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC. PC, Mac®, and iOS compatible. Please include an e-mail address when ordering. The access code and instructions on how to access the eBook will be e-mailed to you, usually within 1 business day. NOTE: This product is not eligible for the standard 30-day return policy.
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.